Thursday, June 21, 2007

Countdown to Island Magic





One month until Island Magic is hosted here at Shawnigan Lake School! I can't believe my good fortune that this conference landed on my doorstep! I’m looking forward to a week of study with Denis Brown.

While I run with my dog on the fringes of the campus, I’ve never ventured onto the campus proper... but I did go in quietly this morning with my camera... I think all attendees will enjoy staying here. It feels like a bit of Britain in the middle of rural British Columbia! They’ve been getting ready for you - there’s new buildings going up, and I think they’re new dorms, so if you’re staying on-site, you might have some brand new residences to stay in. (Can anyone in Warmland confirm that?)

Looking forward to seeing you in British Columbia!

5 comments:

Lorraine Douglas said...

What great pictures Alice! Thanks for giving us an idea of what the school is like....

Beth Lee said...

You lucky thing, you! He's a fantastic teacher, and you'll have a wonderful time. What's the topic for the week?

Sharon Zeugin said...

Alice,the pictures are thrilling--I may never leave Lake Shawnigan. Congratulations on having your work in the exhibit in Connecticut! I saw the pics that Maureen sent. Your blog is terrific and I am so glad I met you at Camp Cheerio!

See you soon, Sharon Z

Alice Young said...

Beth, topic of the week: "Developing expression in Calligraphy". Clearly, you've had Denis as a teacher as well...

Sharon, see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Alice! It is IKUKO.
You know, I was quite lucky at the conference!
My residence building was brand new and we had a shower room and washroom separately in our room.
I heard other people had to share those things everyday!
Lucky Luchy, eh.