Saturday, March 31, 2007

Soweto Gospel Choir



It was my privilege to be in the front row at a performance of the Grammy-winning Soweto Gospel Choir last Thursday evening – and I’m still under their spell. I smiled throughout the 2-hour performance, except the few times I was moved to tears. Their live performance was vibrant, breath-taking, soul-touching. They are fantastic... if they come anywhere near you, do see them! I’ll be doing calligraphy while listening to their music for quite some time, even though a recording can’t match the live performance. It can, however, remind me of the power of those incredible voices!

2 comments:

Victoria Pittman said...

Alice...I just heard that this group will be here in AZ. If I hadn't heard of it hear I never would have known. I"m going to check out tickets.

Thanks
v

Alice Young said...

Ahh, you should go, Victoria! A great way to cap off your winter before heading to Maine...

I'm sure you'd love them. What is striking is these majestic harmonies, then a single, amazing voice ringing out...

Just an incredible amount of talent/skill on one stage.

Let me know if you go!