Saturday, December 02, 2006

Responding to our World


Much of my work is inspired by music. As I work, lyrics of whatever I am listening to that day, often stick in my head and ‘infuse’ the work. This painting was inspired by the Cowboy Junkies song, Darkling Days (from their 1998 album, Miles From Our Home) and I have borrowed the name for the piece. The text in this painting is abstract.

I just received word that three of my pieces, including this one, have been accepted by jurors, Thomas Ingmire and Maureen Squires for an upcoming exhibition. The show is entitled Responding to our World: Words, Images, Gestures, and will exhibit June-August 2007 at the Guilford Art Centre in Connecticut.

I am thrilled. And while I may not get to see the exhibition, I can look forward to seeing selected works published in Letter Arts Review magazine in July 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice, I've just been through your website. You have done beautiful work...I love it. Congratulations on your exhibition pieces! Ann